Instructor: Jennifer Faircloth
Community: Ages 3-5 With Developmental Delays, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 16, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere: Have student leader pick number of breaths (3 to 5).
- Volcano Breath – Pick another student to lead (3 to 5) volcano breaths. Think of a loved one and send heart thoughts to them. Ask if students would like to share. Listen.
- Yoga Flow – Tell the students to ‘get ready…..LISTEN’, then turn on ‘Sun Dance’ (Salutation) song from ‘Musical Yoga Adventures.’ This song leads students through Yoga Calm Mat 20 from Mountain to Mountain (it omits chair and upward mountain from the sequence).
- Child’s Pose – relax quietly for thirty seconds.
- Relaxation – Read “My Many Colored Days”. Have them listen to all of the feelings that are described in the book. Lay quietly as they listen to how they are feeling. Ask for sharing, if they like.