Instructor: Amy Leavitt
Community: Ages 3-5, School or Yoga Studio Setting?, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 1, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – with one student leading and one counting. Have the members of the class give compliments to the child leading with the breathing ball
- Volcano Breath – let’s send out a wish to someone in YOUR community…it could be a friend, a teacher, a family member, just as long as it’s someone in YOUR community
- Partner Pull
- Roots – find your roots to prepare for your tree. If you need to move a bit from side to side to find your roots, go ahead.
- Tree – today we’re going to try tree three different ways. First, let’s try tree on our own…pay attention to how it feels
- Tree Challenge – now let’s try tree with a partner…how does it feel compared to being on your own?
- Tree Circle – now let’s all come together as one big group, or community…pay attention to how this feels vs. the other ways we tried tree…return to your mats
- Guided Relaxation – while thinking of these questions…What felt better? Doing tree alone? With a partner? Or as a whole group/our yoga community? How does this transfer to your life at home, or in the classroom?