Instructor: Kimberly Willson-St. Clair
Community: Ages 3-4, Child Development Center, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 16, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Introducing compliments as ground rule for classes. We will build in class time for compliments.
- Star – Started in star pose and gave directions for the first Activate activity)
- Activate/Relax Walk – move to the drum beat like your favorite animal then stay very still and quiet in your pose when the drum stops.
- Belly Breaths – with the Hoberman ball – See who wants to lead after I lead a few times. Everyone can teach this activity. Student stands on the teacher mat and leads activity.
- Stillness – all, then close your eyes and listen to the stillness for up to 30 seconds.
- Mountain – Can you be a beautiful strong mountain? Close your eyes and imagine the wind blowing at the top of the mountain.
- Tree Pose – Now imagine that you are a tree on the top of the mountain. Trees sway. Can you? Let the wind blow through your branches then be still.
- Child’s Pose – Bear breathing in child’s pose or resting pose lying down with head resting on hands….
- Relaxation – seated guided meditation on the star Mexican blanket that the students prepare for sitting…. about the mountain and a clear lake that you are sitting next to at the mountain. A momma deer and her baby appear by the side of the lake and drink water. Then they slowly walk back into the forest.
- Compliments and Thank you!