Instructor: Cori Levin
Community: Ages 15-18, Hospital Setting, 45-60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: February 9, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Key Words: nature, feel, outdoors
Props: Music, a rock from nature and peppermint
- Intro – Ask class their name and what makes them feel strong (mentally, physically and emotionally). Share how a piece from nature, a rock makes me feel strong.
- Start Roots/Mountain
- Arm Swings
- Mountain Test– volunteer person first shows when placing feet together and give a little push and than second have feet apart and give a little push to feel difference in body reaction. Speak about standing in own strength and giving it away when reacting.
- Mat 20 Flow – 1x – Hold plank pose till you get a little shaky and maybe a bit warm than drop to knees.
- Child’s Pose
- Relaxation – In final resting pose when waking up, say to self “I am strong”.
- Use peppermint essential oils in room.