Instructor: Tida Chambers
Community: Classroom Setting??, Ages 15-16
Plan Creation Date: October 14, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing with Hoberman sphere – 10 breaths-explained how conscious breathing helps to calm the monkey mind, using visual of sphere to see lungs expanding and contracting, fully oxygenating the body, and calming mind
- Pulse count – 1 minute-explained that we would compare heart rate to after breath
- Roots – with body activated, and eyes closed circle left and right? Notice how feet help to ground, and balance, feel your center?
- Rock and Roll
- Boat – go within, and feel your stillness, activate your muscles to hold the pose.
- Mountain – Close your eyes, think of being on top of a mountain, and snow falling, feel how peaceful it is.
- 4 sets of Sun Salutations – had 2 different students lead 2x each. Focus on finding stillness within, used the drum for consistent beats and hold
- Pulse count – discuss how physical activity strengthens heart, muscles, systems of the body.
- Dancer – Balance comes with quieting your self talk or using Positive self talk, focusing on body to hold and find stillness.
- Ask students to be perfectly still for 30 seconds
- Guided Relaxation – Imagine floating in a very still pool of water, allowing yourself to feel floating, sounds of nature, silence, smell of grass, clouds above.