Instructor: Sarah Smith
Community: Ages 13-16, Girls Group, FSAT Group Therapy, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 30, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
Therapeutic Goal: Improve attunement to self, increase coping skills.
- Child’s Pose – Take a moment to listen to what it is that you need today (maybe some relaxation, calm, strength, etc).
- Seated Volcano Breath – On the inhale, imagine drawing in what you need from this class today. On the exhale, imagine it showering down around you.
- Cat/Cow – Gently wake up the spine and stretch in any way that feels right to you today. Trust in what your body is telling you that you need to do. For 1-2 minutes, follow your own breath pattern going from Cat to Cow pose.
- Roots – Try closing your eyes, if you are comfortable. Closing your eyes challenges you to use your other senses.
- Mat 20 – from Mountain to Mountain – Pause and hold longer in Forward Bend. Deepen pose, and explore awareness of feet and legs. Remember the intention you set at the beginning of class. Practice 2 or 3 repetitions. Invite students to lead, practice giving and receiving compliments.
- Warrior 2 / Past, Present, and Future – In this pose your eyes are looking forward in the direction of the future, you are still aware of the challenges of the past, but you can stay centered in the present.
- Personal Space Game
- Pulse Count
- One Minute Exploration on something you did well today.