Instructor: Mindy Brown
Community: Ages 10-14, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 12, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere – Helper demonstrates opening and closing of Hoberman Sphere and deciding on how many breaths to take.
- Volcano Breath – While inhaling students bring their hands up over their heads and think of someone that they would like to send good thoughts too. While exhaling who would you like to give thanks to. Who has supported you today. After the second breath, I would ask a few to share their thoughts.
- Shoulder Clock – Ask the students to chose a partner, preferably one close in height. Stand side by side and lift inside arms straight up and place palms together, holding them straight up and down. Breath in and spread fingers and activate our shoulders . On the exhale take arms back. Keep your head and heart lifted. Breathing in, bring arms up, exhaling take them back. Listen to each others breath. Switch sides. (Repeat 2x)
- Personal Space – Ask or choose 2 volunteers to the front of the group. Standing about 10-12 feet apart. Ask one to start to start slowly moving toward the other. As the student approaches, student 2 raises hand when then get too close. Ask – How did that feel? What did each other see while coming closer. Could you feel anything?
What can affect personal space?
- Strong Voice – Have students lie down. Control breathing. Listen to the music. Feel the awareness of your body and mind. Listen to my voice. Keeping your answers to yourself and having your eyes closed. *Read strong voice worksheet* What are there thoughts?
- Volcano Breath – Thank each one for participating.
- Relaxation – As we are relaxing, what images would we like to keep from today. What images would we like to let go? Breath deeply and let all the stress release from your body.