Instructor: David Williams
Community: Adolescent Ages, Home or Yoga Studio Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: July 26, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – focus on the still point at the end of each breath. Sit in stillness for one minute after the practice.
- One-Minute Exploration – travel to Alaska – traveling on the back of an eagle and being very still in a tall tree, observing everything around you. Have a student lead the exploration and give them some creative license with it.
- Chair 15 – focus on how still each pose can be practiced. Students take turns to lead and receive compliments. Remember to keep knees in alignment with feet in chair pose.
- Eagle on a Rock – in keeping with the eagle theme, students learn to be still. Remember to lift elbows up and stretch fingers towards sky.
- Archetype Game – with sneaky/still focus – emphasis on stillness.
- Child’s Pose – for relaxation. Remember to breathe into back.
- Relaxation – story about eagles – recapping and remembering what was learned in lesson with imaginative story about eagles.