Instructor: David Williams
Community: Adolescent Ages, Home or Yoga Studio Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: September 20, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Listening to the Chime – ring chime and ask students to put hands up when they hear the silence at the end of the sound. Experiment with distance – have some students close and some further away to see any difference.
- Belly Breathing – have students listen to the sound of their breathing, then tell others what other sounds they observed.
- Volcano Breath – listening to the rumbles of the earth and our breath, how it sounds when inhaled compared to exhaled. Combine with volcano imagery and sound.
- Mat 20 – Have students take to turns to lead poses with the rest listening to the sounds and rhythms of breathing of the leading students.
- Twist Pose – for relaxation.
- Communication/Compliment Game – give each student an opportunity to be in the center to receive one compliment from each person. Ask the student in the center to make eye contact and listen to the person as they give a compliment.