Instructor: David Williams
Community: Adolescent Ages, Home or Yoga Studio Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: August 30, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – have one student lead with Hoberman sphere and another counting off a selected number of breaths. Ask for 2-3 compliments for the leader. Have the leader compliment the counter.
- Mat Tag – emphasis on turn taking and being aware of group.
- Mat 20 – During the exercise, students will be asked to think about moving as a community. They will be told that at the end of class, we will read and process the story “Stone Soup” to further consider the idea of community and sharing.
- Yes/No Game – teaching communication skills and how language affects each other, and how individuals are affected by the group.
- Child’s Pose – for relaxation.
- Relaxation Story – focus on community – “Stone soup” –students will be asked to reflect upon what they may contribute to the stone soup as told in the folk story. They will be asked to imagine the sight, sound and smell of the soup as it is cooking.