Instructor: Kelly Mulvehill
Community: 8th Grade, After School Girls Group, School Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 1, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – with one student leading with Hoberman sphere and another counting off a selected number of breaths. Ask for 2-3 compliments for the leader. Have the leader compliment the counter.
- Pass out cotton balls with lavender on them.
- Read Mindful Moment Card – “Think of a friend who listens to you. How does that person make you feel? How can you tell that they are listening carefully to you?
- Roots – Press your feet into the floor and begin to circle left and right. Notice how all the muscles in your feet need to work together to keep you balanced.
- Tree Prep – Imagine one of your friends or teammates holding your right foot to keep you rooted to the floor. See if you can lift your other foot off the floor. Switch sides.
- Tree Circle – Notice how we feel supported by each other and strong when our group works together.
- Tree – Now by yourself, feel that support and know it is still with you as you come into the pose by yourself.
- Chair Twist
- Community Circle Worksheet Activity