Instructor: Julie Patton
Community: 7th Grade Health Class, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Intro – What is stillness? Self-control, personal power, calmness, inner peace.
- Volcano Breathing — pause when your lungs are full and find your stillness.
- Pulse Count – 30 second pulse count.
- Mat 20 — do this through 2X, first time I lead and the second time a student leads.
Throughout Mat 20 students are asked to find stillness in their pose and stillness in their heart, head and body.
- Activate/Relax Walk — what situations do you need to be relaxed? Activated? Relaxed & activated at the same time? How can being still help you in these situations?
- Eagle Pose — still like an eagle before it takes flight.
- Relaxation – Progressive Relaxation Script—“Rolling Waves” from Ready, Set, RELAX. Using stillness when tensing and relaxing muscles.