Instructor: Julie Geyen
Community: 7-12 year olds, yoga studio or after school program, 30-45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: July 1, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Props/Music/Resources required: Music, CD player, Ready…Set… R.E.L.A.X., drum
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere for 12 breaths
- Belly Breathing – Student leads with Hoberman Sphere and another counts the appropriate number of breaths
- Volcano Breath – Seated – Send heart thoughts out to someone or something that keeps you strong
- Woodchopper – Let go of any thoughts that do not help you to stay strong, those thoughts that do not serve you
- Pulse Count – with Distracters – What helped you to stay focused and strong?
- Mat Flow 20 – Mountain to Mountain
- Warrior I
- Warrior II
- Archetype Activity – Act out the archetype while the drum is beating, when the drum stops, freeze and wait for new archetype. Share which ones were easier and harder to act out.
- Relaxation – Read “Pillar of Strength” from Ready…Set… R.E.L.A.X.