Instructor: Julie Geyen
Community: 7-12 year olds, yoga studio or after school program, 30-45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: July 1, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Props/Music/Resources required: Mindful Moment Cards, Community Circle worksheet, pens, music, CD player, Ready…Set… R.E.L.A.X.
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere for 12 breaths
- Belly Breathing – Student leads with Hoberman Sphere and another counts the appropriate number of breaths
- Read a Mindful Moment Card – Community – “Imagine yourself in a peaceful setting. Now think of the people in your life who support you. Picture all of those people creating a circle around you. Who are they? How do they support you? Students can share.
- Partner Pull
- Mat Flow 20 – Mountain to Mountain
- Tree – Imagine someone important to you holding your foot down as you stay connected to the ground.
- Tree Challenge II – How do you keep centered when you are challenged?
- Tree Circle – Feel the support of the community of trees around you as you notice the gentle movements that happen when you are all connected.
- Community Circle Activity – Students have the chance to share
- Relaxation – Read “Endless Stream” from Ready…Set… R.E.L.A.X.