Instructor: Kate Knochel
Community: 6th Grade Classroom, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere – students sit in a chair with their feet on the ground, hip width apart. 5 Breaths, after I lead a student comes up to lead for 5 breaths.
- Mountain Pose – can you be strong like a mountain, even when the rain and snow are falling around you?
- Chair 15 Routine – focus on warrior and strength – after I lead student will come up with me and lead the class with me.
- Chair Pose – focus on holding for 30 seconds, then 1 minute.
- Relaxation – Now let’s be still for 30 seconds. Have students take a seat in their chairs. Guided relaxation with a story – The boat ride from pg. 136 of Yoga calm book – and 5 breaths with eyes closed to return to class.