Instructor: Anna Marchio
Community: 3rd Grade Girls Group, School Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 22, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Intro – Have girls collect a rock – dedicate this yoga practice to someone in your community that means a lot to you (friend, family member, teacher).
- Names – “I see you” with light. Introduce names.
- Chime – Have girls sit in butterfly – ring chime.
- Belly Breathing – Ask 1 student to hold Hoberman Sphere. Ask another friend to count. Then have girls lay on their backs for belly breathing.
- Mindful Moment Card – Reading Mindful moment for community.
- Rock and Roll – While girls lay on their backs – start with rock and roll
- Yoga Flow:
- Boat to table top
- Cat/Cow to child’s pose
- Child’s pose to tabletop
- Table top to downward dog step forward bend
- Mountain to volcano breath
- Swan dive back down
- Chair pose to forward bend (raise your heart up and shine through your fingertips to the sky)
- Step back to downward dog. Downward dog to plank and side plank (both sides).
- Child’s pose to rest for a few seconds.
- Child’s pose to cobra. Cobra to downward dog.
- Step forward and stand into mountain. Volcano breath 2 X
- Tree pose – both sides
- Tree Challenge – Find a partner – Challenge tree pose
- Tree Circle
- Partner Pull – Now find a different partner and do partner pull in a circle
- Trust Walk/Sensory Adventure – with a partner – “What were some things that were difficult for the trust walk?” “Was it easier to lead or be lead?” do back drawing since they are a close group of friends.
- Compliments – Girls will sit in a circle and give each other a compliment about them as a friend, person or something about how they practiced their yoga today.
- Belly Breathing – Invite girls to lie on their backs. A few deep breaths together.
- Relaxation – Change music and end with relaxation from Ready, Set, RELAX on page 148 titled a Drawer Full of Memories.