Instructor: Chris Elersich
Community: 3-6 year olds, Setting?
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly breathing – relax and get our bodies ready for yoga!
- Stand and do arm swings – inhale, turn palms outward and raise your arms out to the side, then overhead, exhale and lower arms. Let the arms follow the breath. (positive self talk, “I am strong, I am in control, I can do it, I can be responsible”.
- Roots – stand with feet hop width apart and pointing straight ahead. Rock forward and back with body activated and feet firmly on the floor.
- Block Creek – (this will take 20 minutes or so depending on how many students you have). Remember the phrases, I am strong etc..
- Breathing and Pulse Count – Back to belly breathing/pulse count
- Relaxation pose – “ready, set , relax: “Get Away” page 134