Instructor: Mary T. Schmitz
Community: 2nd Grade Classroom, Crisis Intervention Closure, School Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 12, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: Stilling Body-Mind-Heart to increase Emotional Regulation. Healthy Expression of Emotion, GRIEF WORK – COMPASSION
Tools: Yoga Calm Poster (Mat Flow, Positive Self-Talk)“Everybody Needs a Rock” (Byrd), Lorie Lite on Ipad, Bubbles, Chime, Hoberman Sphere, Rocks, Sharpies, Music/Ipad/Smartboard, Tissues, grace!
- Birthday Cake Breaths – notice what you are thinking about, feeling. Where do you notice the feeling? (belly, throat, hands, shoulders?) ALL FEELINGS ARE OK, Ok if you don’t notice a feeling. Maybe just a “wondering”.
- Mountain – Inhale~”I am strong”; Exhale~ “All feelings are OK”
- Sequence – Chair Flow 15 (POSTER)
- Compassionate Rock Garden
- Progressive Relaxation – (link to where they notice emotions) – “me-too” for where can practice this other than classroom?