Instructor: Mary T. Schmitz
Community: 2nd Grade Classroom, Crisis Intervention Closure, School Setting, 45-60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 12, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: GRIEF WORK, COMPASSION for self & others
Tools: Yoga Calm Poster (Positive Self-Talk), “Tear Soup” (Pat Schwiebert), Chime, Hoberman Sphere, Rocks, Sharpies, Music/Ipad/Smartboard, Tissues, grace!
- Volcano Breaths – Inhale = “All feelings are Okay” Exhale = “I got your back”
- Mountain – Inhale~”I am strong”; Exhale~ “All feelings are OK”
- Sequence – Chair Flow 15 (POSTER)
- Tree Circle – Compassionate Forest
- Discussion – Compare/Contrast “stand alone” tree with “forest”, what did you notice (thoughts*emotions*body sensations)
- Read Tear Soup – Process – Having someone’s back- on the playground, bus, home
- Compassion Rock Garden – (MUSIC) link to COMPASSION FOR self & others~FOREST holding each other up, never alone….what happens when a tree falls? What do the rest of the trees do? Fall? Continue to Grow? What do you notice about the FOREST? How has it changed? What’s the impact? What helps the other trees continue to grow?
- Progressive Relaxation – (link to where they notice emotions) – “me-too” for where can practice this other than classroom?
- Tree & Forest – Link to Progressive Relaxation noting Body Sensations, Noticing, noticing, noticing!